Freddy Williamson founded Williamson Financial Services in 1979. With his background in life & disability insurance, he added annuities to the financial services that he was offering his clients. By 1987 he had become a Registered Rep with ProEquities, Inc., allowing his clients access to stocks, bonds, REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), mutual fund investments as well as variable annuities. Freddy has the added distinction of becoming an Investment Advisory Rep (IAR). He has proudly maintained his affilation with ProEquities to this day.
A current member of the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants, Mr. Williamson is well-known and respected. He is knowledgeable on a wide range of financial subjects. He also conducts a popular series of financial workshops throughout the year that help people understand the financial planning process and make better financial decisions.
IAR (Investment Advisory Rep)
Many say you should only entrust your assets and financial future to a professional who is an Investment Advisor Representative (IAR).
- IARs are associated with a Registered Investment Advsior that is either registered with their state of residence or with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- IAR can work either on a fee-only basis or a commission only basis
- The vast majority of reps that are licensed to offer mutual funds and Variable Annuities are NOT IARs, meaning they have little (if any) fiduciary responsibility to their clients regarding the advice they dispense
- IARs of federally regulated RIAs adhere to a professional code of ethics
RFC (Registered Financial Consultant)
Professional Code of Ethics:
- I will at all times put my client's interests above my own
- I will maintain proficiency in my work through continuing education
- When fee-based services are involved, I will charge a fair and reasonable fee based on the amount of time and skill required
- I will abide by both the spirit and the letter of the laws and regulations applicable to financial planning services
- I will give my client the same service that I would apply to myself in the same circumstances
An RFC has successfully completed studies in five separate courses:
- Financial Planning
- Estate Planning
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Retirement Planning
- Tax Planning
Additionally an RFC must accumulate a minimum of 40 hrs of CE (Continuing Education) each and every year.